Wednesday, April 25, 2012

MI Place

The state of Michigan is banking on placemaking to help us diversity and modernize our economy. The state housing authority just launched this website: www.miplace.org It has plenty of good info on successful places, links to other placemaking projects and helpful hints for communities to get going. The emphasis is on the built environment in larger towns/cities but a small town in NE lower Michigan is also highlighted. On miplace, I found a link to some really exciting things going on in Ft. Wayne IN including a music video by young rappers who want to stake their claim to the future of their town. I don't know Ft. Wayne other than we go past it on the way south and I'm not especially a fan of rap and I work more in small town/rural placemaking but even I was struck by the spirit of this video. http://vimeo.com/37438685. Check it out, be inspired.

No comments:

Post a Comment